Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weight of The Crone

I have The Crone deck now. I am excited. And intimidated. I guess my hesitation in getting the deck was... well... I'm 28. I don't know if I'm *allowed* to have The Crone deck.

Then we worked with it more in small group and I decided to suck it up and get over it. I like the deck. It speaks to me. If it is not yet time for me to be able to absorb all its wisdom, well, then, that makes it no more or less weighty than any other Tarot deck in my cabinet. So I might not be able to unravel all the wisdom of The Crone. If I live to be 100, I know the Tarot of Transformation still will not have revealed all its secrets. Heck, the Rider Waite won't have revealed all its secrets! Everyone and everything is allowed its mystery. And as I grow and change, how I view my cards and my relationship with them will change, too.

Still, it is a meaty, meaty deck, and the only deck I've ever actually used the companion guide for. For me, the Companion Guide to The Crone deck is almost better than the deck itself. What fine, feminine, deep wisdom those pages hold!

I'm excited to see what happens with this deck. And nervous. But mostly excited. Maybe I'm not a Crone, but that doesn't mean one can't teach me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment